Saturday, April 27, 2019

Weather? What weather forecast? (Week 3 plans)

You may have noticed that week 3 (Sunday, April 28) brings a less than ideal forecast. Cold and snow overnight!? Yeah, it's April in Michigan.

There is predicted snowfall overnight, but as of now we are proceeding with events as planned because it is likely this will not cause any hazardous conditions for the event, and it will likely melt with the rise in temperature throughout the day.

That being said, this mainly affects the BRP clinic in the morning. The plan is to proceed as normal but also with caution. If we wake up in the morning and find the roads are slick/icy we will start by delaying the clinic to see if it resolves in time to still practice some skills but skipping the practice race, like we did last event due to cold conditions. If we have delayed and the leaders still feel the conditions are unsafe it is possible we will cancel the clinic for safety reasons. If this happens and the clinic is cancelled due to icy/unsafe road conditions we will refund your clinic entry fee. Please see the registration tent for the refund.

As the day warms up we will plan to host all of our races as it is supposed be 55° and sunny (🤞) and this should resolve snow-related conditions. We will keep our website and social media updated with any changes through race time on April 28.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. Thank you for choosing to participate with the Spring Training Series rain, snow, or shine!