The 2019 Ann Arbor Spring Training Series dates are set! The course and Beginning Racer Program are expected to be the same as in years past, but we have added a juniors category! We will share additional details as they are finalized.
Mark your calendar to join us on the following Sundays this spring!
Omnium results for the "A" and Women's fields will be posted as soon as we tally the accumulated points for each participant.
Many, many thanks to everyone who helped make this year's event a success. First, a shout-out to our volunteer coaches for the Beginning Racers Program clinic! Special thanks to our volunteers without whom this event would not be possible! Thanks to The Local Bike Shop - Ann Arbor for neutral support! Last, but not least, thanks to all the participants!
Proceeds for this year's event will support the Ann Arbor Velo Club Junior Team and Women's Team.
We are ready to go for the 2018 AAVC Spring training series! April 22nd, 29th, May 6th, 13th, and 20th. Schedule and events are the same as in previous years. May 20th is a end of series party and awards for Men's and Women's A race omnium. Riders who complete all five races are entered in a drawing for a free helmet! All profits from the race go to the AAVC junior development team. Please register HERE
Thanks to everyone who helped make the 2017 edition of the Spring Training Series a success! Special thanks to all of our volunteers! Special thanks to the BRP coaches! Special thanks to The Local Bike Shop - Ann Arbor for music and neutral support! Special thanks to our local USA Cycling officials! And thanks to all the participants who attended our clinic and races.
Almost every year we have a day of the Ann Arbor Spring Training Series that brings a bit of rain. It is standard practice to hold races rain or shine, and we will aim to continue doing that. If, however, conditions make holding the event unsafe for riders, event staff, volunteers, or others attending, whether due to thunderstorms, torrential rain, high winds, or other conditions, we may cancel or postpone the event.
The current weather forecast for Sunday, April 30 is calling for rain in the morning and possible thunderstorms in the afternoon. As a result we are planning to continue with racing as planned.