- Five-week series of clinics and practice races is designed to provide new racers with a fun and structured introduction to bike racing.
- Learn the core skills for safe, fast, and fun group racing from licensed coaches and experienced racers.
- Cat. 5 men and cat. 4 women earn 2 upgrade points per week for completing the clinic, race, and debrief. Do all 5 weeks and men will have the 10 points needed to upgrade from cat. 5 to cat. 4! Cat. 4 women need more than 10 points to upgrade but will be well on their way to a cat. 3 upgrade.
- The program is designed for new racers, including category 5 men and category 4 women, but is open to other riders, too.
Each week will focus on a different area of group racing skills. We recommend that riders participate in as many weeks of the program as possible since these skills all combine to form the basis for safe and fast racing, but you are welcome to attend as many or as few weeks as you wish or work for your schedule. The weekly topics include:
- Basic Pack Skills – Protecting Your Front Wheel
- Cornering – Choosing and Holding Your Line
- Pack Awareness & Skills
- Sprinting Basics
- Bringing it All Together
- 60 minutes – clinic (on- and off-bike instruction and drills)
- 30 minutes – practice race
- 20 minutes – post-race debrief
(Updated Apr. 5, 2016)